Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hair today... gone tomorrow

Well....not much left.  On Tuesday, as I was washing my hair, I noticed clumps of my hair coming out. I admit I was surprised since I was told that I may lose my hair after 6 weeks and it's only been 2. That afternoon, my step-dad Bob came over and gave me a very short haircut. The kids said they like this hair style better than before. And Karla is excited because she thinks I look even more like George Clooney.  Hmmm...

Today, I lost quite a bit more and it seems that it's all going to fall out. When I went outside, I was able to feel the wind hit my scalp. For me, that's a weird sensation. I may soon end up shaving it all off and polishing it up. Oh well. I must accept the things I cannot change.

4 comments:

  1. When you shave your head you become a Buddhist monk! I lived at San Francisco Zen Center for a year (and later at Tassajara Zen Monastery for a year) and shaved my head a couple of times. It's not so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon,

    I went from big 80's hair to a shaved head in the Air Force and after the initial shock, found it to be pretty practical. No more bad hair days. Not quite as short as back then, but haven't needed a comb or brush since '87. You might not want to go back.

    Stay strong and Fear the Penguin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last line is so true! That's the best way to look at things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when my mom had cancer and she was loosing her hair. It went around the same way you described it, it started to fall out in chunks then she decided to to shave it because it was too hard for her to watch it fall out. I will never forget the day my aunt came over and helps her. Because I was young when my mom was going through this it was hard for me to understand what it was and what the effects were going, so it was not until I saw my mother without her hair. But soon after that I got used to it.

    ReplyDelete