Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Kids

Many people have been asking about Jessica and Jakob. They're having a different kind of summer. Normally, we spend many weekends in Longbeach, Indiana or up in the north woods of Wisconsin at camp. This year, since we are staying in Chicago, the kids are involved in a few different activities and camps. For July, Jessica and Jakob go to a theater camp in the neighborhood called Edge of the Wood. At the end of the month, they will be putting on the production of Guys and Dolls. Both are very excited and enthusiastic about performing.

Both Jessica and Jakob have just finished their softball/baseball seasons. They had a lot of fun playing and I'm sure they're disappointed the season is over. This weekend, they both are playing in the all star games for their leagues.

Regarding our "situation" and how it is impacting the lives of each of us. The kids have been very understanding and patient. I'm so proud of how resilient they are. Karla and I have tried to educate them about my situation so they know what to expect over the next several months. So far, with the three procedures that I've had, the kids truly believe that I heal quickly. They also understand how the healing process will work. That I'll get much more ill (from the treatment) before I can get better. In the coming months, I think they'll need a little more attention from family and friends, but for now, they seem to be well adjusted to the situation.

A couple of nights ago, they wrote a prayer called Our Prayer For Our Family. It is very sweet and I know it comes from their heart.

1 comment:

  1. Jess and Jake are great kids. You and Mrs. Sorkin have done an amzing job at raising them. Get well soon Mr. Sorkin. I know you'll be done with this very soon. :]

    -Emily O'Donnell

    ReplyDelete