Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm feeling much better

After a difficult Friday and Saturday, I woke up Sunday morning at 4 am and ate a blueberry muffin. I didn't even take a pain pill. The water I was drinking went down without too much pain. At 7 am, I was outside doing a few chores.

By 2 pm I was wiped out and took a 2 and half hour nap.

As the day progressed, I was eating more and more. Jessica cooked our family a wonderful dinner of turkey burgers, broccoli and rice. Later, in the evening, mom came by with more chicken soup and matzo balls! To top it off, I had a treat of that Starbucks Hot Chocolate ice cream.

I've really learned to appreciate days like yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Jon:
    Thanks for the updates on your progress. The menu options for you are growing and that's great news. Since you're playing the guitar, how about posting a You Tube video of your favorite song? That way we can enjoy the Sorkin sounds while cooking a meal for you in our kitchen? Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    Keep up the positive attitude and remain strong!
    Books - all of the ones we should have read in high school are downloadable free on your I Pad through Kindle Barnes & Noble or Google apps. Treasure Island might be a good one to read with Jakob.

    Apps: Soduku, Castle Smasher. Anatomy, and Brain Trainer.

    Starbuck's Ice Cream - The latte flavor has white chocolate in it - outstanding!

    Our thoughts & prayers remain with you.
    John & Deirdre Kerrigan & family

    ReplyDelete