Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Since Christmas Eve I have been getting better and better. My family and I go down to Gilman, Illinois where Karla is from and stay with my in-laws Jim and Dorothy.  I really believe that that good 'ol country cooking and the few days of rest down in Gilman helped to get me on the right track.  Of course, the antibiotic I have been taking for the past two weeks has probably had something to do with my progress as well. Anyway, my family and I had a wonderful Christmas weekend.

When we got back to Chicago, I insisted on going out to eat and I've been out to eat each night since last Sunday night.  I don't even remember the last time I had gone out to eat. It must have been sometime in August. So,  New Years Eve was a great night as well.  The weather was so mild that I was able to stand outside and watch the kids ice skate at Milenium Park with my brother and my niece. Afterward, we had another feast.  I still can't eat a lot, but I sure am happy to be able to eat whatever I want. 

This week I have an appointment on Tuesday for another CT scan of my neck. Then I meet with the surgeon. She'll look at the previous scans and the new one to compare. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I won't need surgery.  The surgeon will also decide if I should go through with the PET scan that is planned for on Friday.  That's all for now.  I'm feeling great and a lot stronger. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment