Monday, November 29, 2010

4 weeks after treatment

It's been four weeks of recovery now and there is not much to write about.  I am experiencing the same symptoms as the first day after treatment ended. Low energy and fatigue, mouth sores and throat pain are still the main obstacles. I'm just beginning to eat a little more though it depends on the day.  The best meal I've had in months was on Thanksgiving. I had a great day that day and felt like my old self.  On Friday morning I had to go to the U of C for a CT Scan.  I find out the results tomorrow (Tuesday) when I meet with my ENT doctor. My hair is growing back. Karla and the kids love to rub their hands on my fuzzy head. I had to shave the top part of my face. The area exposed to the radiation still will not grow hair.

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything went okay with the ENT doctor! I can't tell you how excited I was to see another post because it's just nice to see how everything is going, and I'm so glad your thanksgiving went well ( especially the eating part :) )!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon-
    I am just so glad you were home for Thanksgiving! I think about you and your family all the time and pray for your full recovery. Keep the faith, let the treatment heal you and hope to see you soon! peggy h.

    ReplyDelete