Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just a quick update

There's not much to tell.  This past Tuesday, I was at U of C for another infusion of Taxol. I had my blood checked and everything was back to normal. I also had a very thorough hearing exam because one of the side effects of the chemo is hearing loss. I experienced a little hearing loss to high pitched sounds (like the beep of a thermometer). Other than that, my hearing is outstanding.

I've been feeling pretty normal. Not too much fatigue, appetite is good, energy level is up.  One thing I have noticed is my appreciation for the days when I'm feeling well.  I don't take them for granted like I once did. It seems that I am tolerating the new chemo drugs much better than those in the first round. (Hopefully that won't change now that I stated that.)

Lastly, I just have to say that I feel so blessed to have so many of my friends and family reaching out to me and offering support and prayers to us. I can't tell you how deeply appreciative I am for all of your kind words and gestures. My spirit is strengthened knowing that you are behind me and my family. Also, it has been great to reconnect with many of you and I am reminded of the great friends I have had (and still have) in my life.

Thanks for everything. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you're doing well, Jon! Now I've started chemo too -- radiation every weekday now for 6 weeks, with chemo sandwiched between two radiations on Wednesdays. Only a little woozy today -- thankfully not nauseous, because of the anti-nausea shot and follow-up pills they gave me. I continue following you as a guide, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon,
    Beautiful note, keep up the good work.
    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete